Hybrid - Berkeley, CA
Headquartered in Berkeley, CA, Bellwether Coffee is a venture-backed, high-growth tech company working hard to positively transform the coffee industry: making it more accessible and sustainable for our planet and our communities. We’re a diverse team of coffee industry veterans, entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, human-centered designers, and people-focused rule-breakers who have a passion for making the “impossible” a reality.
What we do
Our revolutionary zero-emissions, electric commercial coffee roaster uses clean technology and does not require gas lines or expensive ventilation. It’s the most consistent and controllable roaster available, the lowest carbon footprint commercial roaster ever made, and was designed by coffee people who want a better future for coffee roasting. Our roasting platform allows Bellwether customers to easily and responsibly source green coffee from incredible coffee farms around the world, expertly roast using artisan-crafted roast profiles (or create their own), and share fresh, delicious coffee just the way their customers like it.
An experienced QA Lead/Architect will focus on QA automation and support testing efforts in a fast-paced agile environment.
Bellwether seeks to create an inclusive and dynamic team environment where people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives can thrive and have an impact. This job posting captures what we’re generally looking for in this role, but we more than likely missed attributes or skills you have that could make you a great fit, so if this opportunity speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
About the position
The QA Lead/Architect works with the team in an agile setup to deliver value with quality as per the definition of “done”. We are looking for a hands-on Agile QA practitioner with experience and a proven track record of owning and delivering total end-to-end quality for complex products including integration of hardware-software-firmware. Hands-on test engineer with significant experience in a wide variety of automation tools and frameworks, with deep knowledge of best QA practices and integrated Agile software development, test and release lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities – What success looks like
- Help design short term and long term QA Automation strategy to maximize test coverage with optimal efficiency with utilization of the resources at hand.
- Support development to deliver value in an agile setup and enable fast feedback with insprint automation.
- Minimize QA automation tech debt over time and help eliminate or reduce manual testing debt and achieve complete test coverage through automation.
- A team player, self-motivated, with a go-getter attitude focused on team and business success.
- Development test plan to maximize test coverage for end to end integration testing for hardware, firmware and software.
- Help the team establish and evolve QA processes, adhering to industry best practices.
- Act as a SME and a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, and coordinating QA build and release activities will all stakeholders.
- Own, create, test, automate and execute all QA artifacts including test plans, test cases, test scripts and integration of test suites with CI/CD.
- Work with Software Development Engineers and architects to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
- Work with DevOps Engineers to understand the infrastructure and pipelines.
- Periodic reporting of QA metrics and QA status to stakeholders.
- Help Product and client success team in acceptance testing and customer onboarding.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Facilitate and investigations into process failures and perform root causes analysis for defects and process failures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- 10+ years of QA experience with 3+ years of QA Lead or QA architect experience.
- Experience of any API Test automation experience using Frisby, RestAssured, Postman, Karate, Swagger, Jest, SuperTest, Mocha. Experience with Frisby, Jest and Mocha is a plus.
- Knowledge and Experience with QA Standards, Best Practices, Quality Metrics and quantification of test coverage.
- Life cycle management for stories, defects and tests in Jira and XRay/TestLink/Zypher or similar test management tools.
- Experience of integration of test execution with CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, Github actions.
- Deep understanding of Agile integrated software development and test life cycle.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is required before commencing work onsite at Bellwether Headquarters
- Previous experience of test automation frameworks, API/Libraries for test automation is bug plus;
- Knowledge of any eCommerce framework, e.g.WooCommerce, Shopify is plus
- Experience of testing Hardware-Firmware-Software integration is BIG plus
- Startup experience is highly desired.
Physical requirements included below are necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Bellwether will make reasonable accommodations to enable people with diverse abilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 12 lbs regularly, and up to 30 lbs occasionally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law.